“What`s on in Belper”
Belper Photo`s – page 5
Field Row, Green Lane,
Sign at the entrance to the Chapel
History of the Congregation
The congregation at Belper was
Founded in 1689. Jedediah Strutt, the local mill owner, had the original chapel built in 1788. The Chapel remains today very much as it was when it was built.
Underneath the tiered box-pews there is an arched catacomb where members of the Strutt family are interred. There is much civic pride in our historic chapel.
These are three new pictures taken in 2018 by Jim Bell of the inside of the Unitarian chapel and shared by Jan Barrett